Thursday, January 28, 2016

Arrows quilt for baby girl Moridi!



A good friend of mine just had a baby girl and I wanted to make something for her that was both special and practical. I love quilts as they accomplish both, but they require so much work and time that I only make them for those I know will really love and use them. 

I found the instructions for this pattern on Pinterest, at  fortworthfabricstudio.blogspot.com The instructions were simple, easy to follow and included a diagram that was very helpful. I love that this quilt looks more complicated than it is. 

I chose to quilt it in varying sizes of circles, as I thought it was a nice juxtaposition to the hard lines of the arrows. It also mimicked the tiny circles of the blue, pink and black fabric. I simply traced three different sizes of mixing bowls, using pencil, on the back of the quilt and then machine stitched over the pencil marks. I finished it using a French binding, because that is what I know best. The whole thing was sewn on my Swiss made 26 year old Bernina Bernette. Proving that appliances NOT 
made in China, can last a very long time!

No comments:

Post a Comment