Saturday, March 28, 2015

Water Bowl For Russia

I'm currently working on a new water bowl for our Nanny Russia. Her old one, that I absolutely adored, somehow didn't make it in the move😕

On the upside, I get to go to my favorite pottery painting shop in Los Gatos and make her a new one. 

In my grand tradition of trying something without practicing first, I have decided to do her bowl in happy blue and yellow bubbles. 

The technique is pretty simple: fill a bowl with a squeeze of hand soap, a heavier squeeze of paint and then add water and mix it up. Now grab a straw and pretend you're a kid with a giant colorful glass of milk and start blowing bubbles! Once you've made a bunch, scoop out a handful and lightly spread them on your piece. As the bubbles pop and dry they will reveal a fun and eclectic pattern. Something to the affect of this:
This is my first time doing this, so we'll see once it's fired if it still looks cool! Fingers crossed...I will post the finished product once it's finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment