Friday, February 22, 2013

I miss my bearded man!

Today Eve and I had the chance to get together with an old friend, and meet a few new cool ones, at the Gristmill in beautiful historic Gruene.

I'm a sucker for their chicken fried chicken and massive Texas sized onion rings, and today discovered that they also make a yummy sangria that is served in what else...a lovely little mason jar!  Lunch with two musicians and three labor and delivery nurses made for really interesting conversation while Eve was equally entertained by the beautiful outdoors (you have to eat outside) and the two perfectly unkempt beards (worn by the musicians...not the nurses). My sweet child loves a good beard, we think it's because her Daddy has one; and while lunch was fun, it really made me miss my perfectly bearded man. 

Okay so I'm new to blogging and not quite used to thinking about blogging in my regular life. So it didn't occur to me to take a picture of our motley crew at lunch until I was in the car...whomp. But in honor of my husband, just to be clear who wasn't at lunch but who does have a fabulous beard, I thought I would post a picture of him and Eve!

Hi Daddy we miss you! Matt is currently working in Colorado on a project that I couldn't even begin to explain (without sounding like a complete idiot) so I have just decided that he is probably a spy in the middle of a covert operation and that he may not even be in Colorado...if i had to guess I'd say he's in Panama.  I will have to check to see if he has tan lines when he returns. Just for the record, Matt would make an awesome spy...the CIA should have snatched him up years ago...if they haven't already.

2 comments:

  1. Great post! :) Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though Matt is in 'Colorado,' I will look for him if I get to Panama.

    ReplyDelete